Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TMI Tuesday #19

Once again it is Tuesday and I haven't got a post up since last Tuesday. With Easter coming up it isn't looking good for this week either. Oh well! Stick with me, things can only get better.
This is TMI Tuesday. If you want to join the fun then click HERE.

1. In the midst of a hangover have you ever promised to "never drink again?" How long until you broke that vow?
Yes, many times. In my younger days it often only lasted until the next night, but youth is foolish and has the amazing ability to recover quickly. As we age, it takes much longer to recover, and the hangover memory stays fresher for longer. These days I no longer drink to the point that I suffer the next day. I know my limits and stay with-in them. Therefore, the last time I suffered a hangover is ancient history.

2. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done while drinking (or not if it is really stupid) but thought it seemed like a good idea at the time?
The stupidest thing that I can recall doing while drunk was climbing rocks on a rugged sea coast, at night, after a beach party. It had the potential to be a tragedy for those of us involved as we were all fairly plastered. Fortunately for us (or unfortunately, for me) the only serious injury was to my shin as I slipped down wet rocks. I took all the skin off my shin, it became infected with coral from the rocks, was in bandages for weeks, and I still carry the scars today, some 20 years later.

3. On a scale of 1-10, where do you rate green beer?
I am no longer a big beer drinker so I would give it a 5 for novelty value. In my beer drinking days I would probably have been appalled that anyone would defile the amber fluid by colouring it green.

4. Have you ever kissed someone you shouldn't have (drunk or sober)?
I have kissed plenty of people that I shouldn't have (both drunk and sober, them and me). Some were good, some less so. All were an experience and I wouldn't change that.

5. What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen a drunk do (besides driving a car)?
There should be plenty of things that I could put here, but nothing comes to mind. Perhaps I was too drunk to remember them. In my youth, I was always the one who got smashed and would do anything for a dare, so maybe I should ask my mates what was the stupidest thing they ever got me to. If anything comes to mind I will come back and change my answer, but for now I will refer to #2. Climbing wet rocks at night with the sea below is pretty darn stupid!!

Bonus (as in optional): How do you cure your hangover(s)?
I have never found an effective hangover cure, so now I work on the principle that prevention is better than cure and I stay within my limits. It makes the mornings so much easier to bear.

4 comments:

- said...

Yikes about that scar. ; 0

Happy TMI!! ; )

Bunny said...

Prevention is MUCH better than needing the cure, you are SO right. You can recognize me at the bar because I'm the one that orders a mixed drink AND a Diet Coke at the same time, so I've got my Diet Coke when I finish the drink instead of ordering another drink. Works for me.

Happy TMI!

Felicity said...

just checking in!

Adam Apple said...

I Smile 2 Much-
Yep. A permanent reminder of the folly of youth.

Bunny-
Another wise person. I find the night to be much more enjoyable when I can still remember it in the morning.

Z Mascota-
Thanks for checking in, it has been noted :)