Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Weirdness #36.


1.) You're on a trip taking a tour through the jungle. You have a backpack with some food, some first aid supplies, a pocket knife, a flashlight and a couple bottles of water. Some how, you get separated from your group. By night fall you haven't found your group and haven't heard them looking for you. How long do you think you would be able to survive on your own?
Depending upon the weather conditions I am sure that I would be able to survive for quite a while. I have done some survival courses and know a bit of bushcraft so I would be reasonable confident of my abilities. Extremes of temperature, either hot or cold, would make it a more difficult proposition and a couple of bottles of water wouldn't last too long in the 40+C that most of Australia has been experiencing over the past few weeks.

2.) Do you think it's okay to lie to spare someone's feelings? Why?
Yes, I do. Sometimes, having all the information doesn't do anything but hurt the person concerned. Unnecessary hurt is not something I want to be a party to.

3.) If a talking Adam Apple doll were made, what are THREE phrases it would say?
I have no idea. I can't think of any phrases that I say on a regular basis. Other people maybe able to answer this one on my behalf, but I can't think of a single thing.

4.) If the super power to be able to read minds at your own will were possible, do you think it would be... cool and helpful, intrusive and wrong, manipulative or maddening? Explain why you would or wouldn't want to be able to read anyone's mind at your own will.
At first I think it might be cool, and it would certainly be a good party trick (if you get invited to those sort of parties, which I don't), but I think ultimately that it would be wrong. I believe that everyone is entitled to some privacy, and if you were unable to keep your thoughts private then where would that privacy come from? Let's leave mind reading to the illusionists and sci-fi authors.

5.) Drunk confessions, are they the things people can't bring themselves to say sober or just crazy ramblings of an influenced and intoxicated mind?
The thought has to be there in the first place so i don't think it can be written off as crazy ramblings. More likely they are thoughts or feelings that people have when sober but wouldn't dream of sharing with others. Alcohol lowers inhibitions and impairs rational thought so people say, and do, things that they would never dream of when sober. Often, the following day is full of regret. I know from personal experience, as I have travelled that road when I was younger.

6.) What brings out the worst in you?
Frustration, or disappointment. Either of these things can reveal personality traits that I wish I didn't have.

7.) Do you think long distance relationships work? Have you ever been in one before?
I think long distance relationships can work provided the parties get to see each other on a regular basis. Without visits to refuel the fires of desire then the relationship will eventually go cold and the tyranny of distance will win out. I have experienced a long distance relationship and I know that sometimes the distance can seem insurmountable.

2 comments:

Ashly Star said...

Loved all of your answers. :)

Happy Wednesday handsome.

Dana said...

Ahhh ... #5 ...

Been there. Done that. Have every souvenir imaginable and wish that somehow I could get rid of all of them!