Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday Weirdness #19


1. If you could only eat one fruit for an entire year and that fruit would magically be in season and ripe that full year, which fruit would you choose and why?
I am not really a big fruit eater. I much prefer vegetables and salads. However there are a few fruits that I am partial to and my choice would come from one of those. Bananas I quite like but I don't know if I could eat them all year round. Apples are nice and there are lots of different varieties, as well as different ways to eat or cook them so they could be my fruit of choice. But I think I would opt for strawberries simply because they are so yummy and always remind me of warm summer days. As an added bonus, I think they are quite romantic and I wouldn't mind getting to share some with a special someone if the opportunity arose.

2. What is something that makes you sad?
At the moment I am finding it sad that distance, and other circumstances, are keeping me from getting to know someone I really care a lot about.

3. What would you do if you came home from an extended vacation and found that someone else was living in your house?
It would depend on who the someone was. In fantasy land, if she was an attractive female who fancied me then I am sure we could come to some arrangement that would allow her to stay on. Anybody else would result in legal action being taken against the offending persons.

4. What US President, alive or otherwise, would you like to have dinner with?
I don't know too much about US presidents either alive or dead so my choices would be limited. Bill Clinton springs to mind so we could discuss what really happened with those interns, the cigar, and the stains on the dress. Another choice would be Abe Lincoln because he is such a fascinating person from history and had a lot to do with shaping the way America is today.

5. What is your opinion on multitasking while driving? (Reading a book or work documents, changing clothes, fixing hair, applying make up, shaving your face, et cetera)
I am not in agreeance with it. I think the drive should be concentrating on the task at hand, ie driving the car, and not be concerned about other things that they have to do. Diverting attention from the road to perform other tasks is the cause of many accidents.

6. Do you ever multitask while driving? If so, how often would you say you are guilty of it?
I don't multitask while driving. The most I will do is change a CD or drink coffee from a non-spill cup. I have a hands free kit on my phone but I still find it to distracting to use and usually let calls go to message so I can answer them later.

7. Do you tend to be early, on time, fashionably late or LATE to work and work related events? Do you tend to be more or less punctual for non-work related events?
I like to be punctual, but I don't like getting somewhere too early and having to wait til it gets started. For meetings and work related stuff I try to get there about 10 minutes before the start so I have time to get settled, but don't have to wait around too long. I think it is rude of people to habitually run late. Everybody gets held up occasionally, but don't make a habit of it.

8. What is a quirk your significant other has that you would define as "cute"? If you have no SO, what is a quirk you find cute in a potential SO?
Mrs A doesn't have any quirks, and if she did I don't think any of them would be cute. She is just not that sort of person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers to 1,3 and 4. I saw Clinton speak in person...he's excellent...I bet he'd be amazing to tal with over dinner, no matter the topic.

Anonymous said...

Strawberries would be my choice too, or any berries. Frozen raspberries are delicious on a hot summers day.

Although you have distance between you, I'm sure that someone special knows that you care.

I would like to have dinner with Bill Clinton too, only politician I have ever thought of as sexy. Although with him I might want to skip dinner and go straight to dessert hehehe.

I take it you wouldn't agree with me texting while driving, although I try to only do it when I am stopped at a red light. I know, I'm naughty :p

L, H & K