Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wednesday Weirdness #29.


1.) DID YOU DONATE ANY MONEY/GIFTS/TIME TO CHARITY THIS YEAR?
I always donate blood every few months which I consider to be a charitable act. I have also put gifts under the Wishing Tree at our local shopping centre and these go to less fortunate children on Christmas day. I am sure I have donated money to various door knockers and tin rattlers throughout the year but i am unable to recall which ones.

2.) WERE YOU IN A HURRY TO GROW UP AS A CHILD? DO YOU EVER WISH YOU HAD ENJOYED BEING A KID MORE?
Aren't all children in a hurry to grow up? Now that I am older I do wish that I had placed more value on being a kid. Don't get me wrong, I loved my childhood but it always seemed like I was waiting for the next birthday, or to get a bit taller, or what ever else it was that symbolised growing up.

3.) WHAT SNACK DID YOU USED TO LEAVE SANTA? DID YOU EVER CATCH A PARENT PUTTING AWAY OR EATING THE TREAT YOU LEFT FOR SANTA?
My sister and I always left a glass of milk and some biscuits for Santa. I don't remember ever catching my parents clearing it away or eating it so it probably didn't happen. All I can remember is being impressed when I found a few crumbs, a dirty napkin, and a sooty cup.

4.) IF YOU WERE NOT RELATED TO YOUR COUSINS, ARE THEY PEOPLE YOU WOULD PICK AS FRIENDS?
I don't have any cousins so this question is a little hard to answer.

5.) WHEN WAS YOUR LAST AWKWARD MOMENT? WHAT HAPPENED?
Right at this moment I can't recall an awkward moment, but there must be one, my life is filled with awkward moments.

6.) WHAT IS ONE GIFT YOU WOULD BE REALLY EXCITED TO RECEIVE THIS HOLIDAY?
The one gift I am hoping is under our tree is 'Guitar Hero', the game. I am hanging out to play that game.

7.) WHEN STAYING WITH RELATIVES/HAVING RELATIVES STAY WITH YOU FOR THE HOLIDAYS, IS SEX A GO OR PUT ON HOLD?
Sex is never a go, regardless of whether friends are staying or not, however, the presence of others in the house, regardless of who they might be, means that there would be absolutely no chance of any sexual activity occurring.

8.) DO YOU HAVE ANY TRADITIONS FOR THE HOLIDAYS? (ie opening one gift Christmas Eve and saving the rest for Christmas Day, opening them all Christmas Eve, listening to a particular holiday CD while opening gifts, preparing a special breakfast, ETC)
No real traditions as such. All gifts are left til Christmas Day and someone is designated as the 'official' present giver (usually one of the kids) and they distribute the presents to the rest of the family.

9.) WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD BE EMBARRASSED TO RECEIVE AS A GIFT?
I can't think of anything that I would be too embarrassed to receive. I am pretty broad minded.

10.) DO YOU COLLECT ANYTHING?
I find it hard to throw most things away so I have boxes filled with all sorts of different things but it isn't really a collection. For a proper collection I do have quite an extensive assortment of CD's, cassettes, vinyl albums and singles. I love them all and couldn't bear to part with a single one.

1 comment:

Dana said...

And here I thought my some was one of the last to not have any cousins. He always calls my cousins his.

Merry Christmas!